Sycamore Island Fishing Derby
Come to the Sycamore Island Fishing Derby, an event celebrating the restoration of the San Joaquin River! There will be 3500 pounds of freshly stocked trout (including 'trophy size'), as well as terrific resident largemouth and smallmouth bass.
Prize categories: longest fish
(Youth (16 and under) and Adult)
Catch the 'golden ticket' trout and win next year's fishing license!
Grand prize: CA lifetime fishing license!
Gates open and registration begins at 6:30am; derby begins at 8:00am. Awards ceremony starts at 12:15pm.
There is a $9 per vehicle and $5 per trailered boat entrance fee.
This is an alcohol-free event.
Be sure to bring your own gear, bucket (for live transport), and picnic!
This event is hosted by the San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust, Inc. Prizes donated by Trout Unlimited and local businesses.
Directions to Sycamore Island:
- Take CA-41 N (about 10 mins, go 10.5 miles
- Take exit 138B to merge onto CA-41 Business/Children's Blvd
- Continue to follow Children's Blvd, go 2.2 miles
- Continue onto Ave 9, go .6 miles
- Turn left onto Rd 40, go 1.5 miles
- Continue onto Ave 7 1/2, go .1 miles
- Turn left onto Restricted usage road and arrive at Entrance Gate